(MOnte CArlo Schall Strahlen INtensitäten [Monte Carlo sound beam intensities])
MOCASSIN (MOnte CArlo Schall Strahlen INtensitäten [Monte Carlo sound beam intensities]), developed by the Bundeswehr in collaboration with NATO, is used by the German Navy and is one of the most powerful operational sonar range prediction models.
The predictions of sound propagation conditions can be determined for both active transmission and passive reception operation of different sonar systems.
- Manual and automated data entry (such as sound velocity measurements)
- Recording of various environmental parameters, such as salinity, water temperature, influencing environmental factors
- Automated calculation of sonar performance based on two different calculation models
- Various and user-optimised presentations
- Proprietary environmental database
- Import and export of data
- Saving of calculations as a location
- Ideal for use in the areas of mammal protection and manoeuvre planning
The velocygram forms the probability of detection of a target at distance and depth expressed as a percentage.
Representation of sound propagation over depth and distance.
Detection probability of a target over distance at a given depth.