With our many years of experience in the field of radar, we deliver innovative solutions to improve the performance and operational readiness of your radar systems. As a reliable and manufacturer-independent partner in the introduction and use of new systems, we secure your ability to assess and find the right cost-effective solution.
Partner of the Bundeswehr
The procurement, modernisation and use of high-tech radar systems requires expertise, experience and an excellent understanding of the technical and operational environment. As a manufacturer-independent company, we see ourselves as a reliable partner of the Bundeswehr.
In the role of prime contractor for the procurement of new radar systems, we deliver the total package and complete the manufacturer's services. In doing so, we have a firm eye on low-risk and smooth introduction into the force.
As consultants, we ensure our clients' assessment capability with our expertise and experience. We find innovative and cost-effective solutions for any challenges that arise. Flexibility and a trusting cooperation are the key for us to guide your projects safely to success.
We assume system responsibility. We integrate radar systems into your weapon system and develop system improvements and new components to increase the capabilities of your radar systems. During implementation, our radar experts utilise the wide range of expertise available at ESG. This allows us to keep a close eye on the entire system, including all technical and logistic aspects.
- Integration of radar systems into the overall system
- Implementation of system improvements
- Development and integration of new hardware components
- Adaptation of interfaces
- Elimination of obsolescence
- Internal production of prototypes and small series
- Test, qualification and introduction to use
The performance of a radar system is largely determined by its software. We develop and integrate software-based system improvements. With new tools and interfaces, we ensure the operational readiness of your radar systems and seamless integration into the overall system network.
- Performance increase through improved signal processing
- Optimal tracking for better use of system resources
- Information advantage through sensor fusion
- Compatibility through new interfaces, data conversion and filtering
- Optimal operability and intuitive user guidance
- Hardening of IT security
- Ability to analyse and assess through data acquisition and evaluation
- Optimal preparation with simulation and training software
Logistics is not everything, but without logistics everything else comes to nothing. Even in the early phases of the development and introduction of complex radar systems, we take responsibility for setting up well thought-out and user-friendly logistics.
- On-site maintenance
- Configuration and document management
- Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETP) per ASD/AIA SPEC S1000D© and SPEC S2000M©
- Hazard assessments
- Environmental impact assessments
- Technical logistic support
COBRA is a cooperative defence equipment programme manged on behalf of Germany and France by the international Organisation for Joint Armament Cooperation (OCCAR) in Bonn, Germany.
Since 2013, ESG been responsible for the in-service support and further development of the COBRA system as prime contractor and System Design Authority. In this role, ESG has been tasked with different major COBRA Mid-Life Updates, to extend the life of and modernise the system, as well as to significantly improve its reliability.
- Implementation of mid-life updates
- New signal processor, new navigation unit, data system, new prime power unit and a new software to enhance radar performance (range extension, new weapons identification)
- Obsolescence, configuration and technical event management
- Technical support, quality assurance, training and safety
- ESG own test and reference system
Mobile radar systems for the German Army
The "Ground-based Reconnaissance and Spatial Surveillance System ["Bodengebundene Aufklärungs- und Raumüberwachungssystem" - BARÜ]" is used by the German Army's reconnaissance and artillery troops to reconnoitre moving targets and support artillery operations. The state-of-the-art pulse Doppler radar in combination with a phased array antenna enables a small, compact design and battery operation for many hours. The AI algorithm used to classify targets is a generational change from the technology currently in use. BARÜ is being realised in a cooperation between ESG and ELTA Systems Ltd. from Israel.