Integrated Product Support for Defense (IPSD) is a content management system for armed forces to import and maintain the master data of complex military systems such as aeroplanes, helicopters, tanks and ships.
Master data is delivered by the systems manufacturer to enable its customers (the armed forces) to maintain their systems during the in-service phase. For this, many master data objects must be created and maintained in the customer’s ERP system.
The focus of IPSD is to import, validate and review spare parts master data according to the specification ASD S2000M as well as LSA datasets (S3000L) and IETD Publications (S1000D). IPSD generates change requests for SAP Master Data Governance (MDG) to create or update master records in SAP Material Management and SAP Enterprise Asset Management. This ensures a high level of data quality with only a minimal level of manual effort.
- Automated process improves efficiency and reduces manual tasks
- Flexible import and export of files by using an adapter. This adapter can be adapted to any type of source or target data while the system is running.
- Full history of data changes – throughout the entire lifecycle of a weapon system
- The intelligent rule engine enables cross-database or project-specific generic cross-checks between different data sources as well as databases.
- Data enrichment with information from external systems such as N-CORE
- Use of synergy effects between the different specifications (S1000D, S2000M, S3000L)
- Integrated security measures including authentication methods and encrypted communication
- Enables rapid adaptation to customer requirements
- A high level of automated processes can be achieved through methods such as continuous integration.
- High level of automated test coverage
- Multiple databases can be supported and also deployed on different operating systems
- Launch the IPSD application from a browser using the IPSD web application on any mobile device